Frank Rutgers started working at Louwers IP|Technology Advocaten in June 2017. Frank studied at Tilburg University specializing in Intellectual Property law and IT law. In addition to his work at Louwers IP|Technology Advocaten, Frank is active in various social initiatives. He works a lot with startups / scale-ups and has a lot of experience in collaborations with educational / knowledge institutions.
“Frank Rutgers is the new kid on the block, a true whiz kid who has outstanding people skills.” – Legal500 testimonial
Frank combines his work as a lawyer at the firm with his work at ehvLINC, a legal incubator for startups based in Eindhoven of which he is one of the founders. Louwers IP|Technology Advocaten is one of the partners in ehvLINC.
He also is a board member at Brainport Centre for Technology & Law.
Direct: +31 40 2393204
Mobile: +31 6 1064 8674
Attorney-at-law (“advocaat”) (partner)
- Strategic advice on IP policy, protection and enforcement
- Technology, including emerging technologies and innovation such as AI, blockchain, 3D printing
- Intragroup IP allocation
- IP litigation
- IP infringement and counterfeit, including slavish imitation/unfair competition
- Cooperation agreements and joint R&D
- IT-related IP issues, like software protection and database protection
- IP due diligence
- Bachelor’s degree, Clinical and Neuropsychology
- Bachelor’s degree, Dutch law
- Master’s degree, Law and Technology (Cum Laude)
Memberships & other functions
Dutch and English